Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Playing with Colour......






So with the sun out, and the mosquitoes retreating we are spending more and more time outside...



And with that comes fun messy art experiments.. Today while Mr.K was napping I "prepared" a fun activity involving ... baking soda.. Vinegar... and Food Colouring ..
I set up a jar and a container filled 1/3 full with baking soda..

then took small spray bottles and filled them with vinegar and about 10 drops of food colour and then once my son woke up we slapped on some sunscreen and hats and went outside to experiment ...


I quickly discovered my 2 1/2 year old couldn't spray the spry bottles.. I need to get some with triggers so he can easily spray the liquidis...

but we still had fun..

he loved how the baking soda would fizz and then he got crazy and started pouring the coloured vinegar this activity lasted for about 25 mis., I was impressed...


and I think he had so much fun Playing with this "messy stuff" .. Clean up was a breeze and I cant wait to do it again with my son....

the whole thing cost about $5 in supplies..
I bought a huge jug of Vinegar and the "little boxes " baking soda were on sale for 99cents each so I bought a few...

my son loved that he could shake , dump and pour ...


Supplies used....
~Vinegar
~baking soda
~liquid food colour
~spray bottles (one with triggers are easier for little hands ) check out dollar stores , drug stores or re use cleaning spray bottles...
~ containers to be filled with baking soda.. I used a CD holder lid and a glass baby bottle
~ A Shaker jar.. I bought a 99cent spice shaker and filled it with baking soda
~ and a large container or tray to contain the fun ...or mess :)


or you can do this experiment in the bath tub .. since its all safe to go down the drain then mess is really easy to clean up...

here's a quick 7seconds video of our fun ...

No comments:

Post a Comment