Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

Fine art with toddlers.....

So I love to paint and draw and hoped to pass this along to my son, Crayola makes some cool toddler markers and they work.. we like the giant triangle markers the best Mr. K can hold and scribble to his hearts content....
BUT.. getting to sit down and colour in one spot is a challenge so I figured out a way to make him sit still and draw... I put him in his high chair and tape down a piece of paper to the tray on his high chair , and give him some crayons and WASHABLE markers.. and he goes to town... I've tried this with some of Mr. K's friends and it works well...
I also have made a scrap book that I keep all of his works of art in.. its simple just an old three ringed binder and I tape his masterpieces in it... I make sure to date it with his name and age ... I try to do one art project for this book a week....

No comments:

Post a Comment