Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Hand Made Kinda Christmas .....











So this year my goal is to make alot of the presents I give...
I was given a huge box of fabrics, alot were less than 1/2 a meter of fabric so I had to be creative and crafty :)






So the 1st thing I started making was snow flakes, these have been hung in the play room from the ceiling.. and they have stared in the kitchen covering the windows and I hope to make some more for the play room windows too.. the thing I really love about snow flakes is you can put them up in November and keep them up till Mid March...









We decided wit write a little Letter to Santa.. and Since I love to scrap book I got out some of my supplies.. since my son is only 3 we went through the Sears wish book and he picked out some toys and put the pictures on his list.. then I helped him write the letter.. he was very sweet about asking for some things for his sister who is only 1 and cant really talk yet .....





Next I made two "Elf on the Shelf" .. These little guys are Santa's biggest Helpers I named them Merry for the Boy and Noel for the Girl... My son thought we needed two Elf's one to watch him and one to watch his sister... When we go to mail the "dear Santa" Letter.. Merry and Noel will be "mailed" along with the letters.. and if they have been extra good Merry and Noel will return with Santa and all the presents :) (I wont actaull mail Merry and Noel, and I'm sending a photo copy of the kids letter to the "actual" Santa... I want to keep all their dear Santa Letters for when they are older.. : )





As I said I was given a box of random fabrics this year and I have 27 kids on my list so I wanted to make something they could use and would enjoy so I made up 27 little kids Aprons, great for Play, Crafting , and helping cook or bake in the real kitchen ..... They were Very simple to make.. I traced out a "apron" shape onto some newsprint the cut out all 27 aprons.. then used Extra wide bias tape to finnish the edges.. then I used Random ribbons that I had in my collection for the neck and waist ties...
Then because I love my own kids just a little bit more, on their aprons Ive Added a large pocket and their names onto the pocket with fabric...I used the "button hole " feature on my machine to finish the edges around each letter and the Heart and Star... I think they turned out really well... Bright and fun.. and something that will last for years...

No comments:

Post a Comment